Your Pelvic Matters Programme
Lots of women will feel that after the birth of their baby, their pelvic floor is weakened or has somehow 'changed' or 'feels different'. This is much more common than you think, with at least 50% of women experiencing some form of urinary incontinence after birth.
The Your Pelvic Matters Programme is a step-by-step exercise approach to help restore the strength and tone of the muscles in and around the pelvic floor. It is a full body process where we offer a range of exercises for different areas of the body that all link to the pelvic floor and can impact how it performs. The exercises can :
- Assist in fixing pelvic floor problems,
- Improving your chances of conceiving naturally, and
- Reduce the symptoms of pelvic pain, endometriosis and chronic period pain
We no longer need to solely focus on the traditional kegel pelvic floor exercises in an effort to heal, nurture and fix any dysfunction. Our knowledge has moved on, which has led to a greater understanding of how the pelvic floor muscles function and therefore how we are able to help restore them.
The Programme will educate you to:
- Deepen your knowledge of pelvic floor anatomy as it relates to dysfunction
- Understand what causes pain, why it occurs and what simple things you can do to relieve it
- Embrace a full-body approach to fixing dysfunction and relieving pain
- Adopt a new way of approaching the correct way to restore pelvic floor function
Whilst learning the exercises and movements, you will be able to focus on improving your posture, increasing circulation, releasing tension and improving pelvic floor function. As well as exploring those common pain sites and what to do about them.
Due to the personal nature and individuality of each client, this programme is taught on a 1-2-1 basis. We recommend a minimum of 3 sessions, around 1 month apart. Prices from £35 per session.
Please email Keri@fitandhealthymums.com for availability.