Springback is a low impact postnatal aerobics class where baby comes along too.
These classes are based on calorie burning exercises, working large muscle groups to improve cardiovascular fitness. Followed by strengthening work for key postnatal areas, including back, abs and pelvic floor.
The aerobic section of the class is easy to follow, even after a bad night! You can tailor the class to suit your fitness and energy levels, adapting moves to suit you.
Lots of alternatives of exercises are offered and demonstrated to ensure you progress at your own rate. This is a really relaxed session, where babies are babies but you will be worked hard in all those important areas.
After the initial cardio section of the class, babies and toddlers are free to either sit or lay next to you. Crawlers and toddlers welcome! You are also invited to bring any buggies, car seats, bouncy chairs, playmats etc that you wish to use.
Classes are social, fun and non-judgemental and suitable for all fitness levels.
|Mondays, 10 am. Wootton and Dry Sandford Community Centre, Abingdon.|
|£5 per class payable in half term blocks|
|Term time only|
Tips for class:
- Try to feed baby prior to class to aim for a little you time, plus those breastfeeding will find exercise more comfortable.
- Bring along water and comfortable clothing for you, plus baby essentials.
- If your baby needs attending to during class, don't worry a little exercise is better than nothing and you will still pick up some ideas to try at home and the technique pointers.
Benefits of postnatal exercise:
- Improved posture
- Increased local muscular endurance
- Increased stamina
- Increased energy
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased weight loss
- Improved body image
- Increased self-confidence
- Reduced anxiety