Each class follows a pattern of intervals of cardio exercise followed by toning and strengthening work. We always cover abs, back, posture, arms, legs and pelvic floor in these classes as well as the cardio.
Buggyfit is suitable for any postnatal ladies, following their 6 week check. The benefit of intervals means that you can work at a level that is right for you and progress when you feel ready.
|Tuesday, 10.30 am. Albert Park. Meet at park entrance on Conduit Road/Park Road/Park Crescent.|
|Thursday, 10.30 am. Wootton Community Centre. Indoor Bootcamp session based on circuits and interval training.|
£5 per class or block book 10 classes for £45.[/su_table]
The Tuesday class in Albert Park runs all the way through the year, including school holidays.
The indoor class at Wootton Community Centre is term time only.
Tips for class:
- Feed baby before class, this hopefully makes for a sleepy baby and time for you. If you are breastfeeding this will make exercise more comfortable.
- Bring raincover/sunshade/suncream depending on the weather.
- Bring along water, suitable clothing for weather and an old towel/picnic rug for floor based work.
- Classes run all year round, regardless of the weather.
Benefits of postnatal exercise:
- Improved posture
- Increased local muscular endurance
- Increased stamina
- Increased energy
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased weight loss
- Improved body image
- Increased self-confidence
- Reduced anxiety