Each class follows a pattern of intervals of cardio exercise followed by toning and strengthening work. We start each class with a warm up and then move into our power walking phase. Our intervals of strengthening and toning work could include squats, lunges and leg work, using resistance bands for arm, posture, waist or leg work. Sometimes we incorporate cardio games and the option to have a walk, jog or run whilst we mind the babies! We always cover exercises for your abdominals, back, posture, arms, legs and pelvic floor.
All ladies will also receive an abdominal check to determine whether we need to adapt any of the exercises for you.
Buggyfit is suitable for any postnatal ladies, following their 6 week check. The benefit of intervals means that you can work at a level that is right for you and progress when you feel ready, which we know can change on a weekly basis depending on how good a night's sleep you had!
|Tuesday, 10.30 am. Albert Park. Meet at park entrance on Conduit Road/Park Road/Park Crescent.|
£5 per class or block book 10 classes for £45.
The Tuesday class in Albert Park runs all the way through the year, including school holidays.
Parkingon Park Crescent and Park Road is permit only, please park on Conduit Road, Bostock Road, Victoria Road or Faringdon Road.
Tips for class:
- Feed baby before class, this hopefully makes for a sleepy baby and time for you. If you are breastfeeding this will make exercise more comfortable.
- Bring raincover/sunshade/suncream depending on the weather.
- Bring along water, suitable clothing for weather and an old towel/picnic rug for floor based work.
- Classes run all year round, regardless of the weather.
Benefits of postnatal exercise:
- Improved posture
- Increased local muscular endurance
- Increased stamina
- Increased energy
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased weight loss
- Improved body image
- Increased self-confidence
- Reduced anxiety