now browsing by month
Why Should I Exercise Outside?
Getting out of the house can feel like a major achievement when you have a baby in tow! With the car seat, pushchair and a bag of ‘just in case’ to weigh you down. It may seem like a bit of an effort, but getting out and about is so important for postnatal ladies.
Social interaction with other Mums, sharing baby tips and the reality that everyone else is going through the same thing is a brilliant way to make you feel good and boost your confidence.
Being out and about and enjoying the fresh air is great for you, it helps to clear your mind and get away from that ‘cabin fever’. And babies love the fresh air too, it often settles them and helps them sleep.
So imagine all the benefits of exercising, plus being outside and meeting other Mums must be a winning combination!
My top reasons to exercise outside:
– Being outside is much more fun than doing a workout in the gym! Enjoy the scenery, fresh air and take note of all the little things we are often too busy to notice.
– The varied terrain and weather will make you work that little bit harder – and burn more calories in the process.
– Exercising outside also creates greater feelings of revitalization, energy, and positive thinking. All really important for postnatal ladies on a broken night’s sleep!
– In recent psychological tests, ladies scored significantly higher on measures of vitality, enthusiasm, and self-esteem and lower on tension, depression and fatigue after they exercised outside.
– The time outside flies by compared to being in a gym environment – no more counting the minutes left on the treadmill!
Buggyfit classes are outdoor sessions for postnatal ladies. All structured in a way that means anyone can take part, no matter your level of fitness. Intervals of cardio and toning work plus the all-important abs and pelvic floor feature in these classes. And as your fitness improves along with your confidence you can easily make it harder and more challenging!
These sessions run all year through and there is no need for childcare – bonus!
Why not have a look at the buggyfit page for more details?